axe027 driver installation issue

charcoal

Have been trying to install the axe027 cable driver, am running Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, on a 64bit system. Downloaded axe027_installer and the program. Initially when I connected the axe027 cable I got the windows "installing new software" bubble which soon after changed to "software not successfully installed". Now when I connect the cable no messages appear at all. When I open the programming editor and check the serial port tab in the options window, all ports are listed as "not available". In the Devices and Printers window, the axe027 picaxe usb is shown as needing troubleshooting. I have;

re-downloaded the driver and re-installed it several times,

re-booted the computer.

Any suggestions?

nick12ab

Try downloading and extracting the driver from here, then manually update the driver of the AXE027 in Device Manager, choose to "Install from a list or specific location" and browse to wherever you extracted the zipped folder to for the "Include this location in the search" textbox.

charcoal

Thanx, will give that a try and let you know how I get on. Is getting late on this side of the world, so will probably leave it till tomorrow.

regards

charcoal

Alright, couldn't wait till morning. Got stuck in and followed nick12ab advice. Success!!

Many thanx for the info.

regards