keep your head on

jinx

hello all,
Not a robot by itself but it save's my robot's panning servo from my three yr old need to strip the servo gears.DSCF0027.JPG
i had two old computer disc drive which i pulled out the small magnets from the laser part two of the magnets were hot glued too the servo horn,and i filed out two tight fitting square holes on the srf mount job done still testing right now but it looks promising. hope this idea can help others jinx

erco

Nice idea. You gotta build 'em strong when little ones are around. Our twins love to terrorize my robots. :)

tony_g

lol, my two year old is the same, as soon as he see's dad getting the breadboard and parts box out to tinker up he runs with a finger pointed shouting "button....button" with a huge grin on his face. he likes it when i do random led patterns with different buttons for him to press for each one.

erco

lol, my two year old is the same, as soon as he see's dad getting the breadboard and parts box out to tinker up he runs with a finger pointed shouting "button....button" with a huge grin on his face. he likes it when i do random led patterns with different buttons for him to press for each one.
Make him one of these knock boxes that records taps & plays 'em back. My twins loved it.

rob nash

hi,
same here tony led & buttons "childs delights"keeps my kids amased for hours throw in a couple LDR into the mix and its magic time!.@kmoffet "magnetic safety clutch did'nt know it had a name:rolleyes: although oddbot over at dagu had a simialar idea and is in full swing production you can find more info at LMR. i've given my creation a modest name "SRF mag mounts" any trekkie out there. i've managed to make a low profile mountthat fits a mirco servo,it works well and should some little fingers push or pull i find the mount will happily center itself back onto the servo horn.
erco i've gotta to say if our creation can survive the relentless onslaught of our little folks then there ready for the world,your short vid gave me a chuckle your girl got a future in quilty control;).

rob nash

some pics

here's a pic of the low profile mount which is already installed in a botDSCF0002.JPG the secound pic is mount am making which has a ir receiver and an led+LDR either side if the srf the magnets on this one are temporary pulled them out of an old dvd player there not as good as the dvd drives less strengthDSCF0009.JPG well thats myupdate for now.
rob