10£ Ladybug hexapod

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
An excellent bug !

Any additional information on construction would be useful; does it use one, two or three motors or servos ?

moninos

Thank you for your interest
It uses only two servos but the board has a third servo connector to add a pinching mandibulla (in the works).
The chalenge was to cram 3 servo controls, the remote control function, sound and light effects, plus the Infra-red obstacle avoidance
in one little 08M2. they was also 3 push button switches but they turn out not to be needed, since all the functions (including servo calibration) are accessible thru the remote.
The small PCB (4x6cm), single sided, zero straps, serves as a chasis for the servo.
The bug is rather small and light (88g total with battery and ladybug cover)
jm

westaust55

Is this of interest to anyone?

had fun doing it anyway.
Yes, I believe it may be of interest to others now and/or future.
But without your circuit and the PICAXE program code no one can really replicate your project (even if they might want a differnt style of "shell").

IronJungle

The board has a mini USB. Do you program the PICAXE through that? If yes, why use a mini USB vs the more common PICAXE audio jack?

exartemarte

I think this is a great little project- well done! I like the cute little remote, too: unfortunately I saw this after I had ordered a Picaxe remote...