MacAxePad issues (or quirks, should I say?)

tiscando

MacAxePad 1.3.2 problems

Hi,
I've just upgraded from 1.2.0 to 1.3.2, and when I check syntax of a large 1968-byte (out of 2048) 18m2 program that was successful on 1.2.0, but on 1.3.2, instead I get this error message:
Syntax Check for PICAXE-18M2 Failed

Error: Memory location already used! (Byte 201)
(err=25: Inappropriate ioctl for device)
at first, I thought its to do with the use of read and write commands, but that's not the case:
Syntax Check for PICAXE-18M2 Failed

Error: Memory location already used! (Byte 206)
(err=25: inappropriate ioctl for device)
I then started removing lines of code, and the main culprit is:
Code:
do
loop until pinb.0 = 1   'I tried pinc.0 and pinc.1 with the same error
and this code doesn't seem to like being in the EEPROM code space - it's alright in a byte address less than (2048-255), as it passed the syntax check when I removed enough lines of code before the do:loop.
so I have to change it to
Code:
loop1:
if pinb.0 = 0 then loop1
which passes the syntax check, even within the EEPROM code space (the last 255 bytes of code memory).

The message should say something like:
Error: Do - Loop commands not supported on the last 255 bytes of program memory!
- or actually allow it again. :)

This is one part of the problem with the syntax checker; if there is a syntax error on a line e.g. something as simple as "high pinwb.1", the syntax check highlights the line about two or many more lines after the line with the syntax error, rather than the line with the syntax error, which can be confusing. Could this be fixed as well?

Another issue is with the collapsing blocks: the GOSUB command is treated like an IF line as the start of a collapsable block, when it shouldn't be. So,
Code:
If b5>0 then
High C.4
Gosub ScanBtns
Low C.4
EndIf
would collapse to:
Code:
If b5>0 then
High C.4
Gosub ScanBtns ... [I]EndIf[/I]
rather than:
Code:
If b5>0 then ... [I]EndIf[/I]
and when I type a gosub line then press enter, it auto-indents the line after the gosub, which is not really useful :p

Could this be fixed?

And it would be nice if SYMBOL definitions (variables and constants) are in the appropriate colour syntax rather than black, just like in PE and VSM.

Thanks,
TC

Last edited:

tiscando

Now a more serious problem

Then I come to program a 18M2 firmware 2.B with AxePad 1.3.2, and,
After 5 dots on the progress bar, the PICAXE's outputs reset (I hit program while the 18M2 was running) and I got this error:
Download for PICAXE-18M2 on 00002006 Failed

Error:
Verification error - 0x31 transmitted but 0xFFFFFF8C received at byte 768
Then it won't program again unless I do a hard reset, when I get the error above again.

Then I opened in AxePad 1.2.0 and hard-reset-programmed successfully.

There's a lot that needs fixing!

Thanks, T

tiscando

Has the problems above been noted and looked at?

If I attach my program that I was trying to download in post 2, it may help. The two loops in Trigext: were originally:

Code:
trigext:
low ExtSer
do 
loop until ExtSerin=0
gp1=0
repser:
serout ExtSer,n1200_8,(SerVal)
cntr1=0
do 
	inc cntr1
	if cntr1=255 then
		high HwNC_Led
		inc gp1
		goto repser
	endif
gosub scanbtns
loop until ExtSerin=1 or BtnState=bexite or gp1>5
return
and then I changed them to the one in my upload due to the problem in post 1, before trying to download, getting the error in post 2.

Again, I then reverted from 1.3.2 to AxePad 1.2.0 and programmed successfully.

Thanks, T, TC

Attachments

techElder

I also would prefer to program on my Mac, but have avoided it because I don't feel like RevEd is particularly as interested in the Mac version as the Win version.