Backspacing or typing fast causing problems

sdfgeoff

For quite a wee while I have been using LinAxePad to program my picaxe20X2, running on ubuntu 10:04 (Lucid Lynx).
Even with the latest revision there are a few issues I have found:

1) Fast typing. I type certain words really fast, like "servo" for instance, because I use it such a lot. When I type it fast into LinAxePad the cursor doesn't keep up with the speed and it ends up like so: "svo|er" (where | is the cursor). So when you are typing in a long string quite fast you end up with the beginning of the string at the end, and the end of the string at the beginning, with some of the other characters dotted around. The problem seems to be that if two keys are pressed simultaneously (or very nearly) both characters will appear, but the cursor will only move forward one.

2) Backspace. This is a simple error for me to reproduce! Have a few lines of text or so and then just push and hold backspace. Two problems. One, it misses some characters! and two it crashes. Most times it is gone without a trace, but recently I got the following dialogue box. Not sure how clear it is, but the grey bar at the bottom is the lower menu bar of the desktop, so it is taller than the screen.....
Screenshot.jpg
(And it would be nice for a close button on that dialog, as I can't reach the OK button at the bottom!!!)

3) Long documents. Try having a 40Kb text document, and watch it stutter, eat up ram, and probably crash.

What I've taken to doing now is using gedit (another text editor) to make the files, and then just opening them in linAXEpad to upload them. This way I don't have these problems.