MacAXEpad - support for call and atan

Toomas Altosaar

It seems as if there are two problem with MacAXEpad 0.1.4:

1. MacAXEpad does not recognize the "call" instruction: a syntax error occurs when "call label" is in the source code but when changed to "gosub label" it seems to work fine.

2. MacAXEpad does not recognize the "atan" instruction.

Are there any known workarounds?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE Forum.

Thanks for the feedback and we will investigate these issues for a future release. Existing workrounds, for "call" would be to replace all with "gosub", for the "atan" it would be possible to replace the assignment with code which uses a lookup table to achieve the same result.

brw3sbc

MacAxePad current release???

Hi, I'm a little confused here. The first note in this thread makes reference to MacAxepad 0.1.4. The response doesn't comment on that numbering. I find the most currently available release to be 1.2.0. What am I missing? Is the problem described in the first posting a problem that exists in the current product (1.2.0)?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
0.1.4 is extremely old, the current version is 1.2.0 and uses the most current compilers. Also atan is only supported by X1/X2 parts, so won't be recognised as a valid command anyway on other parts.

tiscando

Hi, I kind of want to point out that the release/update of MacAXEpad 1.2.0 from 1.1.0 wasn't announced. Should it have been announced explicitly in one thread?

TC