AXE027 with Mac OSX 10.6.6

Benjie

I installed the Axe027 driver but the network window shows it as not configured.
Sending the lines cd /dev and ls-l in terminal mode it does not accept the command ls-l. Just typing ls I get a long list in which I find:

cu.usbserial-00002006 ptyu4 ttyrd

ptyr6 tty.usbserial-00002006 ttyv6

What should I do?

Installation of the AXE027 on Windows has no problems at all.

Thanks to all.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The command should be "ls -l", with a space after the "ls" part ( that has been noted ).

Nonetheless, the AXE027 seems to have been identified as "tty.usbserial-00002006" assuming there are no other USB serial adapters installed.

This conforms to expectations of "/dev/tty.usbserial-xxxxxxxx" as described in the AXE027 USB Download Cable manual ( View -> Options -> Port -> USB Help, pages 8 and 9 ), so simply enter that 00002006 in the View -> Options -> Port -> Mac "/dev/tty.usbserial-" field.

Benjie

I entered the 00002006 but the AXE027 but when I attempt to download a code I get the msg "hardware not found on /dev/tty.usbserial-00002006".

However I found the problem: the code I attempt to download was created with windows and saved on a USB memory stick. Using such code the MacAXEpad gives the above error message while creating a code within MacAXEpad it runs correctly.

This means that a code created in Windows cannot be exported to Mac. It has to be re-written within MacAXEpad. Is there a simpler solution to avoid the tedious re-typing with all the probabilities to make errors?

Thanks Hippy

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Code should be transportable between Windows, Linux and Mac but there can be issues with different end of line characters. AXEpad should however cope with this and any errors should show up within the editor visually rather than lead to a 'hardware not found' download failure.

We have however had occassional reports of odd behaviour on Mac which do not occur with either the Windows or Linux versions and this may be a part of that. We will continue to investgate those issues. Do you have an example of code which won't import and run, as it would be loaded into MacAXEpad; in its raw format, which you can attach as a .bas file ?

Benjie

Hippy,
here is the code which doesn't load despite the syntax check is OK. It is for an automatic tuner for magnetic loop antennas and it works nicely.

Code:
init:
symbol mot1=6 		'motor wire 1
symbol mot2=7		'motor wire 2
symbol imp=0		'pwm drive 	
symbol green=2	'green "tuned" led
symbol red=5	'red led
symbol yel=3	'yellow led
symbol newfreq=w1			
symbol oldfreq=w0
symbol auto=pin0		'auto switch
symbol rf=pin5	'RF carrier detector
symbol tunecmd=pin2		'"tune" push button	
symbol manl=pin1		'manual low speed switch
symbol newswr=b6
symbol oldswr=b7
symbol imph=w5
symbol impl=w6
setfreq em16

'at power-on ensure that the antenna is tuned via MANUAL operation:

do 
high red:pause 300
low red:pause 300
loop while auto=1 

main:

if auto=1 then gosub automatic
if auto=0 then gosub manual
high green
low red	
goto main

manual:
do
	if manl=0 and auto=0 then gosub drive
	if manl=1 then gosub drive1
	if oldswr<35 then low red:high green
	else high red:low green
	endif	
loop while auto=0
return

drive:
	high imp:high yel
	pause 300
	low imp:low yel
	pause 10
return

drive1:
do
readadc 3,oldswr
	imph=oldswr+10 
	impl=700-oldswr
	high imp:high yel
	pause imph
	low imp:low yel
	pause impl
loop until oldswr<35
count 4,400,oldfreq
return

automatic:
do 
high yel:pause 500
low yel:pause 500
loop while rf=0 or tunecmd=0 or auto=0 
count 4,400,newfreq
	if newfreq=oldfreq then goto main
	if newfreq>oldfreq then high mot1:low mot2
	endif
	if newfreq<oldfreq then high mot2:low mot1
	endif
	if newfreq>2000 then goto autohf	
	if newfreq<2000 then goto autolf
low yel
goto main

autohf:
do 
	readadc 3,oldswr
	oldswr=oldswr+1
	imph=oldswr
	impl=1200-oldswr
	high imp
	pause imph
	low imp
	pause impl
	readadc 3,newswr
loop while newswr<oldswr or oldswr>50
low mot1:low mot2
low yel
oldfreq=newfreq
goto automatic

autolf:
do 
	readadc 3,oldswr
	oldswr=oldswr+1
	imph=oldswr*2+50 max 254
	impl=255-oldswr
	high imp
	pause imph
	low imp
	pause impl
	readadc 3,newswr
loop while newswr<oldswr or oldswr>50
low mot1:low mot2
low yel
oldfreq=newfreq
goto automatic

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
We really need the file posted as a .bas file attachment so we can see exactly what is in the raw file, how it would be as MacAXEpad imports it. Any copy-and-paste, formatting by the forum, will change things.

Benjie

attached *.bas file

OK Hippy, I attach the file that works in Windows and doesn't work in MacAXEpad. Hope it is actually attached (never did before).

Attachments

tiscando

I'm getting about the same issue as well with MacAxePad 1.1.0 on a MacBook Air (late 2010 model).

Despite succeeding the firmware check, showing 20X2 firmware C.1 (which the picaxe in the circuit is), it fails to program the picaxe with a program that was written in PE.

I tried a few things, such as copying the code from one window into a new window. Apparently, the syntax check on the pasted code showed it's just 2 bytes long, contrary to the 440 bytes the original code is, which is why I did succeed programming the 20X2 with the new window, but it did not work.

Saving the pasted code, and then re-opening it has the same problem with the original code again, reporting 440 bytes in the syntax check.

Attached is both the original and copy-and-paste ('mac') files. For now, I am going to have to resort to my old PC laptop just to program the 20X2.

Just to verify to you that the AXE027 cable is working, if the 20X2 is not powered, the firmware test fails. If it is powered, the firmware test succeeds.

Also, according to the finder, macaxepad is not a recommended application for opening .bas files, when a bas file is opened in finder, rather than through the 'open' function of macaxepad, so could this be fixed as well?

Attachments

Last edited: