Ubuntu AXEpad error

NXTreme

I just installed AXEpad on my Ubuntu 9.10 install and so far have like it almost as much as the Programming Editor for Windows. However, I did find what I think to be a small error. The "Ok" button under the color options seems to be chopped off. I attached a screenshot which should explain what I'm seeing. Is this design or defect :eek:?

Also, the icons/pictures on the top toolbar seem to have some artifacts around them. It's little things like this that make a program seem slightly less "professional", even if they don't affect functionality. It'd take ten minutes to fix the icons and only another few to replace the old ones with the corrected ones in the program, could this maybe be fixed? I wouldn't mind fixing the artifacts myself, if it meant a slicker looking interface.

Sorry, had to post pictures as dusty looking JPG; really, they looked better as PNG :p.

Screenshot-3.jpgScreenshot-4.jpg

-EDIT- Sorry, should this have gone in the active forum? Oh well, looks the same wherever it is.

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This is the correct forum to post in. It's a weird one with the OK button as I checked and both are defined as exactly the same top position, with same height and width, same size font etc.

Either it's been fixed in latest source and will make it into the next released version or there's something very strange going on.

I recall there were some issues when we tried to remove artefacts around the toolbar images. If you can get rid of them you're welcome to try.

NXTreme

Ahh, forgot to say that I do have the most recent version, 1.1.0. I guess I'll wait for the next release to see if that fixes the button. Thanks for checking!

And I might give fixing the images a try, then post them here. If I fixed them is there any chance of the old icons getting updated? Because if so, it'd be well worth the time, in my opinion. Thanks again!