Farm Machinery

jimuck

Just finished my 3rd year at university, and as part of a project i did work using picaxe 08Ms -

I bought an arduino to do a touch interface, but thought it was a bit extravagant for this project. Instead i opted for 20X2 chips.

The machine is used to wrap silage bales, (those black things in fields). The machine has to wrap a certain number of times, slow down, stop, lift, cut and release using solenoids.

There were a few extra added features that i wanted (that many of the 'real' manfactuers wont do.

I added an extra sensor on the wrapper so that it would be more accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YW8G67JI0#t

See what you think:

BeanieBots

A few more details would be nice.
You appear to be setting variables within a menu system but I only see one button. Maybe you could explain how that works.

jimuck

Using a PS2 stick. Means that i can have to ADC's and one toggle.

Up - Begin the cycle, or pause the cycle.

Down - tips the bale off, or hold to add plastic.

Left and right can manually spin the bale.

The calibration at the start was due to the cables to the valves becoming tighter or looser if their position changed.

The next menu is for calibration of the slower speed - You would have seen the table slow down gradually to a slow speed at the end of the cycle, this is to stop stress on the machine, and also accuratley line up the plastic for cutting. (using a nice loop)

It will be tottally different when a bale goes on the machine because they can weigh well over half a ton.

heres what i tried to make;

http://www.mchale.net/index.php?mact=CCShop,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01video_res=low&cntnt01shop_id=2&cntnt01category_id=14&cntnt01cc_shopproduct_id=17&cntnt01tab_id=3&cntnt01returnid=105&hl=en_US

This is only the second time i have ever used a picaxe system (It was only this year at uni i thought it would be useful)

westaust55

Firstly, congratulations on getting your project working. :)

However, sorry but I agree with BB in terms of supplying some information.
This is a section for folks to provide some details on their Finished project.
We are not worried that it is only your first or second project. It works, it is finished so let us know what you did . . . .

I personally find that most U-Tube and similar video clips do nothing to impart a real idea on the scope of the project , what PICAXE was used, how the program interacts and works. :rolleyes:

A schematic, some PICAXE program code, and a photo of the PICAXE part of the project is the ideal items to post here.

The sticky post at the top of this Finished Projects forum section states:
“This forum is for PICAXE users to share their completed Robot project with the PICAXE community. Please only upload one small photo to the forum - hyperlink (using the [ url ] tag) to your own website to show off more photos! Please also use the [ code ] tag for BASIC program code.”​

jimuck

Firstly, congratulations on getting your project working. :)

However, sorry but I agree with BB in terms of supplying some information.
This is a section for folks to provide some details on their Finished project.
We are not worried that it is only your first or second project. It works, it is finished so let us know what you did . . . .

”[/INDENT]
Yeah ill link something on a blog, so that you can see what kind of code i was using etc...circuit layout pictures and stuff.

(I did read the sticky, it was just a quick post)

Cheers though

KMoffett

Yeah ill link something on a blog, so that you can see what kind of code i was using etc...circuit layout pictures and stuff.

(I did read the sticky, it was just a quick post)

Cheers though
Good work. I think the preference though is that you post the pictures/schematics/codes here, as opposed to a link to a blog. Blogs come and go. As you can see, the Forum's Archives go back many years. It would be a shame to lose your valuable contribution because your blog disappeared sometime down the road.

Ken