Running on RM CONNECT cc3 network

Alison

I have been given Microcontroller by my DT Dept to load locally onto some of my CC3 Network machines. Everything works well as systemadministrator but as a pupil or teacher when I go to run I get "error 5 invalid procedure call/argument". I realise it is to do with permissions and have looked at the Network ini file in the software package but don't really understand it.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Alison

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Plesae see the CC3 instructions in the manual, this should resolve any issues.

www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/picaxe_manual1.pdf

If you are using XP with CC3 make sure you define the hash rules correctly.

The only extra thing you may need to do in the .ini file is define the temp folder path to a folder that student profiles have both write and read access to. This can be the default save path for their files, as configured on your system.

Alison

Thank-you for your reply. I have carried outthe instructions and now have the following errors.
Systemadmin now gets the following error when they Clear Hardware Memory they now get "serial port error - code 0x17c invalid port value". Staff and pupils get the same error as before and the serial port error.
The hash rule is unrestricted and the registry setting was still set at 0.
The default save/open path has been set at n:\.
Any further suggestions.
Alison

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Use the View>Options>Serial Port menu in Prog Edit to select a valid serial port. Note that if you have interactive whiteboard or PDA software running them may also be locking that serial port down.

Also check the overall security setting within the RM network setup is 'standard' not 'advanced', advanced totally blocks access to all serial ports (and is not even recommended by RM themselves!).

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Error 5 can also be generated when CC3 prevents 16 bit applications running (the PICAXE compiler files are 16 bit). Make sure the user has 'Legacy applications' enabled.