USB Vista driver issues Sucess

Hi,

I am trying to install the Ax027 PICAXE USB cable.

I am using a samsung R610 with home premium vista.

I have downloaded the latest driver off your site and unzipped it into another folder.

I insert the cable and allow the driver installation process to search for a driver.

This goes to insert a disc, i skip this by selecting "I don't have a Disc".

Then select "Browse my computer for driver software (Advanced)"

I then select the correct location "C:\Users\SMA\Favorites\Downloads\AXE027" and allow it to also select sub-folders options.

I then click Next.

Then a securaty warning is displayed and i select install anyway (because i think i can trust you).

And then it worked!

I think that the initail issue that i have was to do with a corrupt or not properly downloaded driver file. I would recommend that the delete then reload the file and unzip it again and try and download it.

lazer123

Hello, can you tell me how to unzipp the files? I have been trying to install the cable for several weeks with not success.

Thank you.

westaust55

if the zipped file you have downloaded is not self extracting when you click on the file, then you will need to use a program such as :
- Winzip
- Winrar

to "unzip" the files onto your hard drive

lazer123

Ax027 PICAXE USB cable install

Hello, I am trying to install the Ax027 PICAXE USB cable. I took my computer to the Geek Squad at best buy. The Geek Squad tried to install the cable. They told me that files for Vista to be downloaded are incorrect. Those files are for Windows XP. Is this correct? I did click on Vista to download the files.

Thank you.