Verification Error

George Sephton

Hi all,
I'm trying to program my PICAXE under mac for the first time but have some errors in MacAXEpad. I have the cable installed but it is installed as tty.PL2303-0000101D so I have to change axepad.ini This works fine as I can get the chips firmware but when I click program I get verification error 0x00 transmitted but nothing received at byte 0.
My cable is the USB010 or the AXE027, it's a Serial to USB cable, don't know what type, there's no name.
Please help, thanks,
George S.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The tty.PL2303-0000101D suggests it's a USB010. The USB010 is USB to 9-way D and AXE027 is USB to 3.5mm plug.

If you can connect the TX to RX pin you should be able to use Terminal to see echoed back data you send which will help verify everything is working.

The usual cause for verification errors is voltage supply for the PICAXE. Which PICAXE are you using and what PICAXE hardware do you have; Rev-Ed board, pre-assembled or built as a kit, your own PCB or on breadboard ?

George Sephton

It is a PICAXE 40X2 and the picaxe board is my own fabricated PCB (just arrived, I'm testing it). The power will be from a 12V mains adapter to a 5V v regulator but atm it is powered by a separate USB cable, using only the 5V and GND pins.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
We know some things seem to be working, some sort of link is working to and from the PICAXE, so it's basically follow the download checklist and/or make guesses as to what could be wrong.

If you can post your circuit diagram, maybe picture of the assmebled board, that may help. You can try running it off 3 x AA batteries.

Ideally try your board with a different PC, preferably one known to work, and, correspondingly, try downloading to a known working PICAXE board. The comparative analysis of how each behaves may point quickly to what's different about each and what the problem may be.