USB Issue

Hellgrf

Hey,
Im having a lot of trouble getting the USB cable to work.
I cant get a connection to the PICAXE chip at all.

Im running Vista x64,
Using a project circuit board
Running off a regulated supply at 5.22v,
Using drivers downloaded off rev-ed.co.uk (x64 version 2.0.0.0)

Using the test program gives me a curious result of 0v when the LED is 'off', and 0.50v when the LED is 'on'.
However I happened to notice on one of the many times i restarted, it would go up to 4.84v during the shutdown phase.
Hope Ive given enough info.

Ive been through the manuals so many times! Please help!
Regards, Rob.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Is this a Rev-Ed cable (AXE027) ?
Is it a Rev-Ed project board, pre-assembled or built as a kit ?

Hellgrf

Hey hippy, thanks for the reply

Its a Rev-Ed pre assembled board, all i did was mount the picaxe chip and an eeprom onto it, plug it into the power and plug the USB cable into it. I also moved jumpers J1 - J3 to the left hand side as the manual says to do.
The cable is the Rev-Ed AXE027.
Regards

westaust55

Okay so you have the AXE022 board and the three jumprs are to the left (ie towards the programming socket).

Can you confirm that the PICAXE chip is instal;led correctly. The notch towards the top of the board where the programming socket is.

Have you checked that you have the correct port set up in the programming editor for the AXE027 cable.

From within the Programming Editor, select VIEW / OPTIONS / Serial Port
Then click the SETUP button.
Look in the COMM \PORTS and note which port is assigned to the AXE027 cable.

Then go back to the Serial Port page and set the PE to that port.

Note if you start the PE without the AXE027 cable conencted it will defailt to COMM port 1 and you need to set up the port again.

Last edited:

Hellgrf

Hey Westaust.
Yep, i have the AXE022, jumpers are to the left (as viewed with programing socket on top)

PICAXE chip installed with the notch towards the top, ie pin 1 is top left.

Correct port setup, checked the Serial COM Port in device manager is the same as the programing editor is using.

I find it odd that the test signal from the PE operates properly, except at only 0.5v on logical High.

Thanks again for the help guys, im betting its going to be one of these little simple things!
Regards, Rob.