Getting more out of Picaxe.Net

Hi guys,
I really would like to get a little bit more out of my picaxe.net server, it has such a lot of potential; but it just seems like a bit of an uphill struggle to unlock it.

From experience a few years back I used the older Microchip picdem.net server device in a project for work and was able to make that do some truly useful things for me. The company I worked for at the time ended up making a viable product based on it. I know the picaxe.net is based on the same circuitry and chipset as that device.

Has anybody tried to reprogram the PIC18F452 on the picdem.net server? If so how did they manage it? Last time I reprogrammed on of those it was in a 40-pin Dil package.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The board has an RJ11 ICSP connector so can be programmed from any suitable Microchip programmer. The 18F452 is socketed so can be removed and replaced by a unprogrammed chip to protect the existing firmware.

The board has an RJ11 ICSP connector so can be programmed from any suitable Microchip programmer. The 18F452 is socketed so can be removed and replaced by a unprogrammed chip to protect the existing firmware.
I guessed that I would need to plug in an Integrated Circuit Debugger to do that. I've got the picstart plus programmer but It didnt come with the ICD. If thats all thats needed then perhaps I'll get one. I know that there really is a lot of potential locked up in the Picdem.net server