Error when checking syntax for picaxe18x

mccarthym

Installed 4.0.10 successfully. When checking syntax I receive an error "Error 53 File not Found". This is then followed by an error message "Invalid path. c:\program files\programming editor\picrog\picaxe18x_1.exe"

picaxe18x_1.exe does not exist. Only picaxe18a.exe exists in the picprog subdirectory. I have renamed this file and can get it to work that way, however it seems to only allow 18A capability, particuylarly in terms of program size.
Is there a true picaxe18x_1.exe available?

Any other suggestions.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There really is a "picaxe18x_1.exe"; check ( Start Menu, Find Files ) that you haven't accidentally dragged it into another directory, or unzipped it to the wrong place - you can simply drag it back to .\picprog one if you have, rename the other file back to what it should be first ;-)

The easiest way to get the file back from the Twilight Zone is probably to uninstall the existing Programming Editor ( Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs in Win 98 ), re-run the last BAS805.EXE you downloaded for any 4.0.x version, then re-apply the latest 4.0.10 patch.

If you have enough disk space, I recommend keeping all BAS805.EXE downloads and patches in separate 'downloaded' directories identified by version number, so you can always and easily go backwards if something untowards happens after an upgrade. It's also handy if something "stops working" and you need to check if it did once work with older versions.

Edited by - hippy on 5/11/2004 2:49:27 PM

methynutnut

I get exactly the same problem - it doesn't matter what kind of PICAXE I select, it still has the same error. All the various files are still in the picprog folder.
I can't get it to work :(

--Methy