USB010 and Vista 64

DirkBroekhoven

I'm having trouble to get the USB-RS232 converter (USB010) connected to my Picaxe AXE001 board (delivered with standard serial cable).

Driver installation is OK, but when connecting, I get a communication failure with the programming editor. Com-port settings in the device manager and programming editor are the same. No conflict or used com-port is reported.

My operating system is VISTA 64 (Englisch).

After several trials with different drivers, I tried installing it on my laptop. Here everything works OK under Windows XP (32bit). So, there is nothing wrong with the cable, powersupply or the board.

My understanding is that it is a driver problem in combination with Vista 64.
Can anyone refer to a working and tested driver for Vista 64?

Thanks

DirkBroekhoven

Hy Hippy,

I already tried the 2.0.0.7 driver as descriped in the thread. This driver was not accepted by Vista.
I've tried all possible drivers I could find till now (the on the picaxe and Profilic sites). I think the problem is the 64 bit version of Vista.

Does anyone have any experience with the Vista64 and USB010 combo?

DirkBroekhoven

Problem solved

After hours and hours of searching, I solved the problem!!!!

I managed to install the driver on the Vista 64bit machine.

I downloaded the driver from the following link:
http://www.scannermaster.com/USB_Cable_p/01-551038.htm

First: I restored Vista to an earlier date with the system restore you can find in Vista. This was to remove all leftovers from previous driver installing attempts.

Second: I deleted the registry entry for the "ser2pl" this was only to prevent the "The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name"-mesage. If you don't get this message, there is nog need to do this.
You can find more about it here: http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&message.id=4974

Thirt: I installed the driver I previously downloaded.

And it works!!!